Reduce or Refine the Size and Shape of the Nose with Rhinoplasty
Are you thinking about having surgery to achieve a smaller, more refined looking nose? Rhinoplasty Surgery, when performed by a specialist, has high satisfaction rates and can create a dramatic improvement to your overall facial aesthetic. Informed and educated patients have the highest satisfaction rates when it comes to rhinoplasty. We strongly recommend you begin your research process by reading our free report: Click here to access the free report and find out the 3 things you need to know to get a great rhinoplasty result.
Key to success with rhinoplasty: A formalized consulting process combined with extensive patient education materials.
After over a decade in practice specializing in rhinoplasty surgery, Facial plastic surgeon Dr. Thomas Buonassisi has developed a comprehensive consulting process that helps to ensure patients have all the information they need – about both the risks and benefits of surgery – to make an educated decision. We believe that informed patients are happy patients and that is why we have developed an extensive rhinoplasty website – we encourage you to spend time learning about surgery and to contact us with questions.
Benefits of Refinement Rhinoplasty
The nose is one of the most noticeable facial features. People who have a well-proportioned nose may not pay much attention to how it influences their overall appearance. But for those who think their nose is too large, has noticeably irregular features such as a large hump or bulbous tip – their nose can often become the focus of their face and detract away from their other attractive facial features.
Refinement rhinoplasty patients will usually see the best result through a carefully selected combination of these changes to their nose:
- Hump Reduction - to reduce the size and shape of dorsal hump or bump on the nose
- Tip refinement – to make a bulbous or bulky tip look more refined and sophisticated
- Tip rotation - to create a more attractive angle between the tip of the nose and the upper lip
- Augmentation or projection - to create a more prominent bridge or project/define the tip area, often but not always in Asian patients
- Alar base reduction - to narrow the nostrils
We’ve produced a massive rhinoplasty section in our website to help educate and inform our patients. Here are some things we recommend you check out:
- FAQs - all your questions answered, such as:
- Rhinoplasty before and after photos – many thanks to the patients who have given us consent to show their photos online
- Articles - highlighting some of the most interesting and sometimes controversial topics in nose job surgery, such as:
- What to expect from rhinoplasty recovery
Risks of surgery
All surgery has risk. The medical risks of rhinoplasty are the same as for any surgery – bleeding and infection. While medical complications of rhinoplasty are rare – it is important that Dr. Buonassisi and the patient discuss this during the consultation. More common than medical complications are cosmetic complications of rhinoplasty. Satisfied patients have an in depth consultation and are informed about the potential cosmetic complications specific to them.
About Dr. Buonassisi
Facial Plastic Surgeon Dr. Thomas Buonassisi carefully evaluates each patient’s nasal features, facial features, and objectives before choosing which of the various techniques to most effectively achieve the optimal result. Dr. Buonassisi has a specific philosophy when it comes to rhinoplasty. His objectives are:
- Perform safe and lasting repairs to the nasal framework
- Natural results – most patients don’t want to look like they have had surgery. Dr Buonassisi creates a nasal shape that is in keeping with the patient’s gender, ethnic background and other facial features and looks natural
- Have an informative open dialogue with patients about their specific goals with the support of computer imaging and other consulting tools to add clarity to the conversation
- Give an honest assessment of what can realistically be achieved with surgery
We Are Here to Help
If you are thinking about having a non surgical or surgical chin implant, we strongly recommend you take advantage of our complimentary pre consultation. This is a discussion with a knowledgeable patient care expert who can help determine what procedure might be right for you, give you more information about recovery and tell you how much the procedure costs. Click here to request your free pre consultation now